Stage 2 of your multi stage race has less height elevation than stage 1, but don’t be mistaken, it is not easier! Despite a pretty high altitude level, it is clearly the hottest stage of the Ultra Trail Race. Passing by the arid crests with a temperature of 30 to 35°C will not let you unscathed. It is therefore essential to bring a large tank of water despite the stage is only 26kms long.
- Floor: Laterite (100%)
- Obstacles: a river to cross at 350m away from the start line
- Sacred lake of Anivorano (km 2)
- The bridge of Ambondipont (km 17)
- The view from the plate (km 20)
- Irodo River (km 26)
- Afternoon: The river is just beyond the camp. It is the right occasion to make a laundry, just beware of crocodiles!
- Sleep well for the next step of your multi stage race!