Madagascar Ultra Trail 2017 is pleased to host 2 powerful athletes for the 2nd edition. Landie and Christiaan Greyling trail runners will come to run and challenge the Malagasy athletes this July. Here is an outlook on their race records.
Landie Greyling Trail Runner (32) : 1st South African Women along ITRA* ranking
- Grand Trail des Templiers (France) – 76km/3550m+ : 4th WOMEN in 08h26
- Ultra Trail Cape Town (South Africa) – 100km/4050m+ : 1st WOMEN in 12h00
- Marathon du Mont Blanc (France) – 42km/2800m+ : 4th WOMEN en 05h08
An international career: Landie as already ran on half of the trails in Europe: Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany… She’s also familiar with more exotic trails such as in South Africa, her home-country, or Australia. Winner of the famous South African race “Otter Trail Run” in 2014 (1st WOMEN, 12th OVERALL), she will be a serious challenger for both WOMEN and MEN during Madagascar Ultra Trail 2017!
Christiaan Greyling Trail Runner (32) : 6th South African men along ITRA* ranking
- Skyrun (South Africa) – 100km/4450m+ : 1er MEN in 13h23
- The Crazy Store Table Mountain Challenge (South Africa) – 44km/2225m+ : 2nd MEN in 4h22
- Marathon du Mont Blanc (France) – 85km/5650m+ : 13th MEN in 12h35
A long-distance runner: Christiaan is at ease with long-distance races (Ultra). His longest distance ever ran was 266km in 32h59, with a positive elevation of 16 300mts. He went trough the 7 stages of Goretex Transalpine Run 2015 (Germany) with an average speed of 8km/h! With such speed on a such long distance, Christiaan will be very at ease during Madagascar Ultra Trail 2017.
The word from Sonja Gottlebe, event manager: “we are very happy and inpatients to host these international runners during the 2nd edition of Madagascar Ultra Trail 2017. Both of them will come to Madagascar for the first time, allowing them to challenge to a new running nation and also discover the marvelous North of the Island!”
*International Trail Running Association