Ambodipont bridge | KM 15
STAGE 2 – 26KM
From Anivorano Village to Irodo river
Stage 2 of your trailrunning race has less elevation gain than stage 1, but don’t be mistaken: it will be not easier! Despite altitude above sea level is still high, temperatures can rise very high on this stage. Don’t take to much your time to end this stage to avoid the oppressive heat at noon. Crossing the arid plains with a temperature of 30 to 35°C will not let you unscathed! Water management will be a key to end this trailrunning stage.
- Floor: Laterite (100%)
- Obstacles: a river to cross at 350m away from the start line
- Sacred lake of Anivorano (km 2)
- The bridge of Ambondipont (km 17)
- The view on a grey tsingy from the plateau (km 20)
- Irodo River (km 26)
- Afternoon: After your trailrunning stage, take time to open your eyes. The camp is on a superb plateau offering you a panoramic view on Anivorano’s volcanic hills, Ankarana massive and the Irodo river just below. A good opportunity to do the laundry, just beware of crocodiles!
To enter the race: ultra trail
|CAMP 2||CP 2.1||CAMP 3|
|Localization||Near Anivorano village||On the edge of the track||On the edge of a plate|
|Track||Cross a river 350m away from the camp. Then rice fields for 500m. Follow the track leading to the Sacred Lake.||Follow a track for 3km. Then a smaller path, cross the Irodo river on Ambodipont bridge and run up to the plate. Follow a dirt road to camp 3.|
|Cut off Times||4h00||8h30|