Visit the Grey Tsingy | Day 3
Share the ambiance on camps | Camp 1 in Beomalona Waterfall
Visit of the Red Tsingy | Day 5
Swimming session in Ampondrafeta beach | Day 6
Diego Suarez tropical city | Days 1 & 7
MADAGASCAR ULTRA TRAIL 2020
SUPPORT YOUR RUNNER DURING THE ULTRA RUNNING RACE
Not in a mood for Ultra running races? You prefer to visit a country rather than running it? We got the right answer for you: the supporter program!
You will follow the race day by day, support on camps with your runner, live the start and finish lines. But when the daily stage of the ultra running race is launched, you leave enjoy your day by visiting one regional highlight by 4x4. The camps are set up in great surroundings. The South African tents we use are large and comfortable. Bush toilets, showers, electricity and hot meals are also available on camps. We also offer pre and post race tours for those willing to see other parts of Madagascar. All the requests will be tailor-made by our team based in Antananarivo. For more information, contact Mrs Saholy at email@example.com
THE SUPPORTER TOUR
Following the tracks of the ultra running race – 10 days/10 nights package
July 18, 2020 – Arrival in Antananarivo (B&B) Landing in Antananarivo, main city of Madagascar. You will be transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free.
July 19, 2020 – Arrival in Diego Suarez (B&B) Back to the airport for your local flight (included) between Antananarivo and Diego Suarez. Transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day is free.
July 20, 2020 – Beamalona Waterfall (Full board)
- 10 to 12 am: The day will be devoted to welcoming the runners at la Terrasse du Voyageur hotel. If you wish not to attend the briefing about the ultra running race, you can enjoy this morning at leisure to visit Diego Suarez downtown.
- 12.00 am: Departure to the first camp – the Beamalona waterfall (around 2h30 drive).
- Afternoon: Dinner and night under tents (sleeping bag not provided).
July 21, 2020 – Start of the race + Tsingy of Ankarana (Full board)
- You will attend the start of the first stage of the ultra running race. During this stage, supporters will not be able to follow the path because the checkpoint is very isolated and difficult to reach by car. Therefore, you will visit of the Ankarana Tsingy National Park.
- Morning: Visit of Ankarana Tsingy National Park. The Tsingy (limestone pinnacles of impressive appearance), the sacred lake, the botanic trail, the canyons, the caves with stalactites and stalagmites, and the bats and crocodiles, will impress you. It is the largest natural caves network in Africa!
- Afternoon: After picnic on site and the visit (Entrance fees and guide included), we will drive to Camp 2 (finish line of Stage 1). Dinner and night will be spent under tents.
July 22, 2020 – “Crocodile” Day (Full board)
- Start of Stage 2
- Morning: After the start, you will visit the village of Anivorano, which is known for its legendary lake. Per the legend, a God transformed himself as an old woman. The old woman passed by the village of Anivorano, which was at the bottom of a volcano crater. Whilst asking for water, all inhabitants of the village refused, except for one girl. To punish them, the old woman transformed all the inhabitants of the village into crocodiles. Only the girl who helped the old lady remained safe. Since then, it is said that the woman’s descendants now take care of all those crocodiles. Today, the crocodiles (who still wear the silver bracelets of former inhabitants!) are seen as sacred ancestors and offerings are given for their benediction, prosperity and descendants.
- Afternoon: After the picnic lunch, you will drive along the Irodo River (where there are also crocodiles!). End of the road is camp 3 where you will join your runner. Dinner and overnight.
July 23, 2020 – The Red Tsingy (Full board)
- Start of Stage 3
- Morning: You will enjoy the race at The Red Tsingy checkpoint. The Red Tsingy are one of the most popular sightseeing around Diego. It is a landscape from another planet at the gates of Analamera reserve. This Tsingy is very different from those from Ankarana because they come from sandstone erosion caused by huge rainfalls and wind. This unique geological formation is due to the combination of bush fires, erosion and infiltration of rainwater, and offers an unearthly landscape. Due to their constitution, they are very fragile. Don’t touch them!
- Afternoon: After picnic lunch, drive to Camp 4 (Stunning bush plain with a beautiful village nearby). Dinner and night under tents.
July 24, 2020 –Amber Mountain NP – (Full board)
- Start of stage 4
- Morning: A one-hour drive to reach the National Road. Then drive to another sightseeing of Diego’s area: The Amber Mountain National Park. The Amber Mountain is full of endemic species: 77 bird’s species of, 7 lemur’s species and 24 amphibians’ species. This verdant forest is an oasis of freshness, an escape from heatwaves of this area. The Amber Mountain is part of the seven protected areas that are the most visited in Madagascar. Six lakes and several streams and rivers furrow the park.
- Afternoon: After the visit & lunch (Admission fee and guide included), we will head to the next camp (via Diego). The camp is on a beautiful and width beach. Ampondrafeta beach is marking the end of the stage. Runners will end their tough day of ultra running there. You can have a swim in the Indian Ocean. Dinner and night will be spent in the camp.
July 25, 2020 – Mountain of the French – Andovokonko Bay (Full board)
- Start of Stage 5
- Morning: You will hike on the Montagne des Français. This necropolis of the former French colons holds its name from the battle in 1942, which opposed the French to the English colonial troops. You will discover the dry tropical flora, endemic Baobabs (Andansonia Suarezensis) and prickly aloes. The magnificent panorama over Diego Suarez, the Bay and the Sugar Loaf.
July 26, 2020 – Arrival at Diego (B&B)
- Transfer to the start line for the last stage of the trail running race, at the bottom of Mountain of the French.
- Morning: Drive to Diego, where you will wait and congratulate your runner at the finish line of the event.
- Afternoon: Rest for the runners at the hotel and/or Diego Visit.
- 5.30 pm: closing ceremony with awards, followed by a light cocktail.
- Night at the hotel and end of the tour (B&B)
July 27, 2020 – Back to Antananarivo (B&B)
- Transfer to the airport for your flight back to Antananarivo
- Overnight in Antananarivo included (shared room with the runner)
July 28, 2020 – International flight back home (B&B)
- Bookings opening: September 1st, 2019
- Bookings closing: June 21, 2020
- Tour: July 18 to 28, 2020
Supporters’ tour price to follow the ultra running race 2018 is at € 1400 p.p. sharing a double/twin accommodation.
- Fill in the form on this page
- We will come back to you shortly to confirm your booking along remaining seats
- The payment for your tour can be done along 2 methods:
- By electronic funds transfer (Bank fees at your charge)
- By credit card (4% extra charge)
Commitment is firm and conclusive and includes all services as follows:
- Hotel Accommodation in Diego Suarez and Antananarivo (Transit)
- Round flight Antananarivo – Diego Suarez
- Tent accommodation during the race
- Private car with driver and fuel included from Day2 to Day 8
- Admission fees at parks and reserves visited, guidance fees as mentioned in the program
- Package in Diego: private car with driver and fuel, tour guide, parks admission fees, picnic, one bottle of water per person per excursion day.
- Meals during the race (on camps), breakfasts in Antananarivo and Diego Suarez
- Ticket for the closing ceremony party
Not included in the package:
- International flights
- Meals in Diego Suarez and Antananarivo
- Excursions offered by hotels
- Phone communications, drinks, tips, extras and personal expenses
- All services in general not provided and / or not mentioned in the program
- All services and extras not mentioned in the program: sleeping bag
Foreigners willing to travel to Madagascar must carry a passport with a validity more than 6 months counting from their arrival in Madagascar.
- From Paris: Direct flights with Air Madagascar, Air France, Corsair.
- From Johannesburg: Direct flights with Air Madagascar, South African Air Link.
- From Nairobi: Direct flights with Kenya Airways.
- From Saint Denis (Reunion Island) : Direct flights with Air Austral, Air Madagascar.
- From Mauritius: Direct flights with par Air Madagascar and Air Mauritius.