Join Racing Madagascar’s family
Meeting is in Diego Suarez the day before the race starts
Race briefing in Camp 1
Have fun in Madagascar with us
MADAGASCAR ULTRA TRAIL 2020
QUICK WARM UP TRAILER
READ THE RULES
Is admitted for the ultra trail Madagascar, anyone from both genders, aged from 16 years old by the time the race will start. Under age participants will have to provide a discharge letter signed by at least one of their parents and must be accompanied by a responsible adult all along the race. The entry form for the ultra trail is available at the bottom of this page. It is possible to enter for the Ultra Trail:
- On the event’s website
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the office of Boogie Events in Antananarivo: Trio Property Building, Tana Waterfront, Ambodivona, Antananarivo 101.
All runners must attach a Health Certificate dating less than 6 months and attesting physical ability to run a long sport event. A empty copy is available in the download section of this page. The health certificate MUST be provided to the organization during bib collection at latest. The last day to enter for the Ultra Trail Madagascar is June 21, 2020, depending on the remaining entries. The limit is 50 runners for each edition.
- Entries opening: September 1st, 2019
- Entries closing: June 21, 2020 or 50 runners quota reached
- Race check-in: July 20, 2020 (Morning)
- Race is from July 21 to 26, 2020
- Travel Package is from July 18 to 28, 2020
- Fill in the form on this page
- The ultra trail organization will come back to you to confirm your pre-entry
- The payment for your entry can be along 2 methods:
- By electronic funds transfer (Bank fees at your charge)
- By credit card (4% extra charge)
Commitment is firm and conclusive and includes all services as follows:
- The bib and the race shirt
- Logistics (Water supplies, camp putting up and putting down, checkpoints, drop bags transportation)
- Breakfast, lunches, dinners on camps and cocktail for the closing ceremony
- Hotel accommodation in Diego Suarez and Antananarivo before/after the race (B&B, lunches and dinners at your charge)
- Round flight from Antananarivo to Diego Suarez
- Tent accommodation during the race (Sharing)
- Security guards in camps
- Medical assistance throughout the race and in the camps
- Local public liability
- 1 prize for Finishers
The entry does NOT include:
- International flights
- Accommodation outside the dates of the event
- Meals in Antananarivo and Diego Suarez
- Activities not mentioned in the program
All entry cancellations must be done by email. No cancellation will be considered by fax or phone. Refund applies as follows:
|Before January 20, 2020 (Midnight)||60 %|
|From Jan. 21 to March. 20, 2020||50 %|
|From March 21 to May 20, 2020||40 %|
|From May 21 to June 20, 2020||30%|
|After June 21, 2020||No refund|
Bib swapping is not allowed. If an injury non-totally healable before the event occurs after entry, the injured runner can request to postpone his entry. The injured runner must address a request to the race committee. This request must attach a medical file detailing the injury. If the race committee agrees, the runner will keep the entry for next year’s race. The request must be sent ten days after the injury occurred at the latest.
VISA: A touristic visa is compulsory for all foreigners willing to travel to Madagascar. You can get it at the airport after you land. You must provide your return ticket and your passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the day you land in Madagascar. You can pay in euro or USD.
CURRENCY: The ariary worth currently around 3 700 for 1 euro. For your travel expenses, we recommend you to use foreign currencies in cash (Euros or dollars). Credit cards are accepted in very few hotels and ATM are only in the largest cities. We recommend you to change at the airport when arriving. Do not change your money in the black market.
LANGUAGE: Official language is Malagasy. People speak more or less French in the cities. A few speak English. In the remote areas you are going to visit, don’t expect people to speak any foreign language.
HEALTH: No vaccine is requested to come to Madagascar. However, we highly recommend people to come with up-to-date vaccines against B-hepatitis, Typhoid fever, Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Polio. Anti-malaria treatment: Malaria is everywhere in the island and all along the year. Therefore, an anti-malaria treatment must be taken before, during and after your stay in Madagascar. Ask the advice of your general practitioner.
WEATHER: The ultra running race is held during the winter season in Madagascar. During the day, temperatures will be around 25 to 30°C. But after sunset, temperatures can drop very down. Winter season is also windy in Diego Suarez area. Be careful if you stopover in Antananarivo, which is 1 200m above the sea level and much colder!
CLOTHING & LUGGAGE: Casual, comfortable and easy-to-wash. A warm jacket is indispensable when landing in Antananarivo. Keep luggage size to a minimum for your own comfort and ease transport. Don’t forget: Mosquito repellent, sun screen, flashlight/headlamp for the camps.
- From Paris: Direct flights with Air Madagascar, Air France, Corsair.
- From Johannesburg: Direct flights with Air Madagascar, South African Air Link.
- From Nairobi: Direct flights with Kenya Airways.
- From Saint Denis (Reunion Island) : Direct flights with Air Austral, Air Madagascar.
- From Mauritius: Direct flights with par Air Madagascar and Air Mauritius.